Updated: Sep 8
1. Meditation. Before you pick up your phone to check Facebook or your email, take some time to relax and meditate for at least 5 minutes. This will help you set good intentions for your day and start your day off right.
2. Hot Tea. This may sound cliché, but people have been using hot tea to relax for hundreds of years. Sitting and taking the time to sip your tea will allow you a moment to collect yourself before taking on your day.
3. Create a "To Do list". This doesn't have to be an extensive list. You want to make sure you categorize the things that you need to get done and the things that you'd like to get done. This will help you determine what the most important tasks are.
4. Update your calendar. If you have a calendar you are already one step ahead. If you don't, you can simply use a simple one for the current week. This will prevent you from over booking your work and activities.
5. Put yourself in other's shoes. If you disagree with someone, take time to sit down and reflect on what you feel their true intentions are before reacting. When you try to understand their feelings and motivations you will be more prepared to respond appropriately.
6. Stop Multitasking. When you multitask it's much easier to get overwhelmed and not provide the appropriate attention to each of your tasks. Make it a point to finish one thing before moving on to another.
7. Make time for self-reflection. Take some time to really look at yourself in the mirror and create a mental list of the things that you believe you're good at and what makes you an amazing person. This will help you get back to working on finding your true purpose.